Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Jurassic Nails!

Some of you may already know this, but I'm a bit of a science nerd. I studied geology in college and my very favorite job ever was in the paleontology lab. Sure, the fossils I was working with were all very small invertebrates that no one has ever heard of, but they lived at the same time as the big guys so...close enough!

I LOVE Jurassic park. The movie, the book, the scientific inaccuracies (Cretaceous Park anyone?) all of it. Love it. 
Kinda like this. 

So, naturally, I had to dedicate a mani to Jurassic World. I mean...
AmIright???

So without further ado (or nonsense) I give you, JURASSIC NAILS!!!
I started with a nice white base mani. 
I really like EZflow's TruGel Marshmallow for painting the nails white. I find its a lot thinner than Gelish's Arctic Freeze and is easier to get perfect. Now, for artwork or french tips, I use Gelish for sure. 


The next step is to get the color fade effect. I couldn't decide between the red/orange/yellow fade or the purple/blue/green so naturally, I did both. This tehnique is cool by itself, in any color and with any type of artwork on top. You can use gel polish on gels or regular polish on regular polish. Whatever you have is fine. Try it! 
 Just paint thin strips of overlapping colors on a makeup sponge and daub on your nails until you like it. 

And again!

If you're using gels, make sure to clean the excess around your nail off before you cure it! 
I used two coats of both to get good color saturation. 
I love when they glow in the LED light!

After i get the color where I like it, I do a top coat layer and then even more fun begins! Here is the stamping plates I used. There are actually quite a few dino plates out there right now. Why? I have no idea. 


How fun is that? My 10 year old son was very impressed :)

As a bonus, the Hogle Zoo is having a speial ZOORASSIC PARK event right now with a bunch of animatronic dinosaurs all over the zoo. Its pretty cool. 

And here is our fun Mother/Son Jurassic World date. We even sat in the D-Box seats that move with the movie.  
So much fun!

Thanks for reading, 

See you Monday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment