Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Two weddings and a Birthday

If there is one time to have your nails done, it is defo for your wedding pictures. The wedding too is probably important, but come on...pictures! 
I did this lovely feminine French Mani on a bride about to have her Bridal pics taken. I love weddings, I love brides, I love all of it. And I wish her and her lucky groom all the best of everything!
I started with just a basic French Manicure using Gelish Arctic Freeze and Gelish Simple Sheer, then I added some very delicate white stamps to give it a little something extra. 
As a special bonus, she has beautiful hands and naturally strong healthy nails that were super fun to paint! 

This next mani is also for a wedding, and even though its not for the bride, its still a big deal! Looking nice at weddings is fun! and how cute is the little gold lace on the ring finger??? I kinda want to do that on all my nails now! 
I used TruGel Marshmallow, and then hand painted the gold lace and added a tiny bit of matching glitter that I piked up at Hobby Lobby. It looks a little messy but you know how glitter is. It'll brush off. 

Guess who's mother is having a birthday?!?
Mine is!!! 
Happy Birthday Mom!
We spent three hours doing this crazy fun birthday mani while binge watching episodes of Poldark. Have you seen it? You should. Because...
Image result for poldark
Seriously. 
 Anyway, and mom's nails turned out super fun. I can't decide which nail I like the best. The candles? The jimmies?The cupcake???
I used: TruGel Marshmallow, Gelish Pink Smoothie, Gelish Gossip Girl (my favorite nail color) Gelish Anime-zing color and all the pinks and purples I could find for the artwork. It was a lot! 
If I were to do another birthday mani, I would probably choose one or two of these designs and just do a couple of artsy fingers instead of the entire enchilada, but it was fun. 

This is my manicure this week. Just black and white stamped chevrons on top of clear gel. I love how this turned out. I think I might even do it again! 
I love how my natural nails look under the stamping. I'm not a huge fan of neutrals but this is still funky enough to satisfy, but cool enough to be hip. I dunno. I just like it. 


Thanks for reading, 

See you Monday!

1 comment: